Sunday 6 September 2020

A Letter To My Daughter : On her Eleventh Birthday

  

Dear Daughter,

 

When you are turning eleven today, with you, I am also turning 11 in this journey of motherhood.

 

I can still picture your journey inside me, the fear I experienced for both of us. I don't remember the moment you were born nor did I see you for another two days, but the moment I saw you, your image stamped right here on my heart and my mind.

 

You were just the way I imagined you to be... I have it all memorized… the round nose, the curly hair, the sweetness of your smile...all.

 

My ‘shy lil girl’ is morphing into one confident young lady with a far more sense than I was dreaming of. You are both confident and stubborn, intelligent and witty, bold and very beautiful, kind and too curious… and yet still aware that there is so much more to learn...(I can't deny the fact that you know much more than what I knew at your age😉)

 

Your lovely giggles, those major tantrums, the hormones that are just beginning to surface🤨 giving me a mixed gush of emotions,  but I know you are meant to keep growing, journeying into a young girl and then eventually a young woman you will become... Each baby step you are taking along this path is helping you build the character that will captain you in your adulthood and beyond. I am lucky to witness it, to learn from you and to have a hand in guiding you along the way...

 

Diu, as you turn eleven today, I have a few hopes and wishes for you...

 

Always keep smiling - your heart and your laughter will set your path. You will comfort your friends who are having a tough time, and you will remind yourself that you are in charge of picking up and starting over and you have the ability to make a stranger’s day.

 

Remember that losing is never a bad thing. When you lose…. a game, or a test, or a friendship, you are given the opportunity to learn and grow...and this is a part of life.

 

There are only so many things in life we can control. The older you get, the more you realize how important it is for you to compare yourself only to YOU. If you want to improve yourself, be a better self of you than that you were yesterday, not better than your neighbour, or your friend or even us(your parents) for that matter. 

 

Be carefree and confident like your dad. All days can't be bad, the best ones are yet to come. This hope will help you keep moving.

 

You will never regret being kind. You have a beautiful heart, continue to share it...

 

Believe in magic, trust me this universe is full of magic that will awe you always. And be a dreamer like me, you know how much I love dreaming and even daydreaming.

 

Be Grateful. I trust this doesn’t need an explanation.

 

I always wanted both of us to be the best of friends… but our relationship is more or like Tom n Jerry, but I'm loving it.

 

Let me tell you something very important, no matter what your dad and I will keep loving you ever.

 

Happy, happy birthday

❤ Amma.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahabali - The Maha Giver

“You give but little when you give of your possessions.   It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” – Khalil Gibran Festivities ...